© Provided by The Manila Times When it comes to optimizing a space for productivity at the comfort of your home — whether for work, school, or for personal projects — it’s essential to consider organizing and designing beyond functionality. Approaching this from a holistic perspective means being aware of the environmental impact you create and making eco-conscious choices for your home setup.
Here are simple tips on how you can ramp up your workspace to be more sustainable:
• Focus on lighting. Reconfiguring your space to make sure it is near a well-lit area can give your workspace an instant uplift, while also allowing you to cut down on power usage by doing away with lamps during the day. Making the most out of natural light also helps alleviate eye strain especially when working for long hours.
• Check ventilation. Having proper ventilation is important to keep your work and office space comfortable. Take in the fresh air that can be great for your mental health and help ensure that your laptops function optimally without the threat of overheating. If possible, go for air conditioning units that are the right size for your needs.
• Reuse, reduce, recycle. Before you buy anything for your workspace, check if you have an existing item that can be reused or repurposed. For instance, old envelopes, folders, and clips may be reused repeatedly for file management.
• Go digital. Shift more of your notetaking to digital platforms. Instead of littering your space with post-it notes, go for digital sticky notes instead. Aside from freeing your space of clutter, digital notes are saved online, making them easy to find for future use.
• Use the right printing equipment. For your printing needs, find a reliable inkjet printer that combines performance and energy efficiency. Epson has an outstanding line of energy-efficient home inkjet printers that will meet printing needs while helping to save time and costs. Epson’s EcoTank range combines connectivity, functionality, and low total cost of ownership without sacrificing print quality.