The two straws come with carrying cases and two cleaning brushes.
Promising review: "I purchased this product for me and my best friend, as we're trying to eliminate plastic straws from our lives. I love how small it is, and I love the design, as I have it clipped on my keys and looks super cute. The straws are a super cute color, and it doesn't seem to be fading. The straw also had a pretty good length, but it is not adjustable, considering it is silicone. The case is not that big, compared to my AirPods case. I truly love this and would definitely recommend it as a gift." — victoria hernandez
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $6.49 (available in 14 color combinations).
2. A reusable silicone bag with so many uses, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Need to steam vegetables? Check! Freeze fruit for smoothies? Double check! Pack a lunch? Triple check!
Plus, they're dishwasher and microwave safe!
Promising review: "Well, these are amazing. I didn't expect them to be. I'm trying to replace disposable items in my home with more sustainable/eco-responsible items. I ordered these just to try. I did not expect to love them as much as I do. They are thick and sturdy. The top is easy to close, and it stays closed. Cleaning is a breeze because the opening is big enough to get your scrubber in there and really get it clean. A+++" — Grasshopper
Get one from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in six sizes and in 13 colors).
3. A Blueland multi-surface starter set that comes with a reusable cleaning bottle and three tablets. Just fill the bottle with water, add the tablet, and you'll be able to clean all the counters, tile, stone, and wood in your home.
Plus, when you run out, all you have to do is buy the small refill packs , instead of getting a new bottle every time. The cleaner is made without any triclosan, parabens, phosphates, ammonia, chlorine bleach, phthalates, or VOCs.
Promising review: "This is a very effective cleaner. I’ve tried a handful of other 'eco-friendly' cleaners in the past and always get like I was sacrificing on the cleaning power, but not with this one. The bottles very nice and sturdy and the refills are a bargain." —Destinee G.
Get the kit from Blueland for $16 .
4. A set of unbreakable plates made of wheat straw (so they're biodegradable).
Plus, they're dishwasher and microwave-safe!
Promising review: "Overall, these are fantastic plates! These are the best faux plastic plates I've purchased. There was no funky smell, and they have held up time and time again in the dishwasher and microwave. They are also incredibly easy to hand wash. The plates are virtually non-stick. Melted cheese couldn't even bond to these little BPA free beasts. Great price. Great product. Great purchase." — Alison and or Grant Meyer
Get a set of three from Amazon for $15.99 .
5. A reusable bag that folds up small to fit in a purse or bag so you can easily pull it out and use it instead of taking a plastic bag from the store.
Promising review: "I keep this bag in my purse, so I am ready at all times to use this instead of getting a store plastic bag. I love that it is washable. Get one to reduce plastic bags in our environment! I highly recommend it!!" — Sharon Heiligman
Get it from Amazon for $12 (available in 45 colors and patterns).
6. A Wunderbar stain stick made with coconut-based soap to remove any oil, makeup, food, soil or other stains in an eco-friendly way. Just wet the stained area, rub the bar over it, and wash it. Voilà!
Celsious is a Black woman-owned laundromat in Brooklyn. The shop is energy efficient, and they also sell eco-friendly garment care products and accessories. this sweater pill remover is made in the US.
Get it from Celsious for $8 .
7. A pack of beeswax food wraps that'll replace your need for plastic wrap altogether. All you have to do is use the warmth of your hands to mold the wrap over a bowl, container, or food item, and as it cools, it will create a seal to protect it.
Promising review: "This is such an incredible product for the kitchen. What a great product. It's so easy to use. I love that this is reusable, and the quality is so good. I imagine I’ll be using it for a long time. The wax seals right to my containers and blocks odors and keeps my leftovers fresh." — Jennh
Get a set of three from Amazon for $19 .
Read one BuzzFeeder's full review of the beeswax food wrap here .
8. A bamboo toothbrush you'll be b-rushing to use all the time because your teeth will feel so clean, and you'll never need another plastic toothbrush again.
Promising review: "As an environmentalist, I always choose eco-friendly products in my daily life. I would totally recommend this bamboo toothbrush set. Not only it is biodegradable, but it does clean your teeth. The bamboo toothbrush set comes with 4 different colored toothbrushes. They are very beautiful and you never have to worry that you may mix your toothbrush with your family members. The Germany imported bristle is not too hard nor too soft, which is super suitable for my teeth. I would like to buy another set for my family. I highly recommend them!!!" — Yanan Ma
Get a set of four from Amazon for $8.99 .
9. A set of silicone reusable tea infusers so you can get your caffeine (or just tea) fix without constantly throwing out tea bag after tea bag.
Just buy some loose leaf tea, fill the bag, and add to hot water!
Promising review: "I love these reusable filters. They were exactly what I hoped for! I would highly recommend them for people who like to use loose leaf tea and want to avoid using disposable tea bags." — Carrie
Get a set of six from Amazon for $9.99 .
10. A dish-washing block that's zero waste but still works as tough as other dish soap to get all the grease and grime off your dishes.
Fill More Waste Less
Fill More Waste Less is a Black-owned small business offering zero-waste essentials and refill options to help people live more eco-friendly This dish-washing block is made with aloe vera in it so it's gentle on your hands.
Get it from Fill More Waste Less for $12 .
11. A seven-piece portable flatware set you can roll up and take with you and then tell every take-out restaurant you won't be needing their plastic silverware.
The set includes a knife, fork, spoon, chopsticks, bent straw, straight straw, straw brush, and one storage bag that fits it all.
Promising review: "This is a great substitute for plastic utensils. It doesn’t take much space in a bag, so I carry it around everywhere." — Evie
Get it from Amazon for $12.09 (available in rose gold and silver).
12. A set of silicone stretch lid covers that fit over bowls, cups, glassware, jars, and even fruits and vegetables to keep freshness in and plastic wrap out.
Promising review: "This is truly an amazing replacement for plastic wrap or other covers that are not eco-friendly! And it saves you money in the long run! You can throw them in the fridge/freezer/microwave because they are made out of the most kitchen/earth-friendly material...silicone! Plus, they're easy to clean, easy to use, and durable as hell!" — Tammy Cardona-Zambeis
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $11.99 .
13. Cloth napkins you can totally use every day, because they're not just for special occasions. Or, if you think about it, using cloth napkins just makes every day a special occasion.
Get a set of six from Amazon for $15.55 (available in 12 styles).
14. A rechargeable lighter that will be the last lighter you ever have to buy, because after it stops working, you just charge it, and it's good to go again.
This product is made by The USB Lighter Company, which designed the lighter to be able to last forever so it would be a more sustainable solution. You can get up to 300 lights per charge, and the lighter is gas-appliance safe.
Promising review: "We use the lighters mainly for candles and have always bought new ones when the lighter fluid runs out. I know they’re refillable but we don’t keep the fluid around so this is really a novel idea. I love the idea that this can be charged for future use with the charging cord provided. There is no flame so the attraction to children is not there. It does a great job — you just have to hold it near the wick a few seconds longer. Really great item!!!" —Maggie
Get it from The Grommet for $30 (available in four colors).
15. Reusable food savers designed to fit over halves of fruit and veggies and cans and cups so you can keep the food you don't use fresher for longer instead of just throwing it away.
Promising review: "I love these huggers! They work perfect on my veggies and even bananas. Save time and I'm not using baggies. They're great!" — Molly H.
Get a set of five from Amazon for $12.95 (available in three colors combinations).
16. Some bamboo towels that'll replace six month's worth of paper towels, so you can keep your home clean, feel good about the impact you have on the environment, *and* never have to worry about using tissues to clean up a spill because you forgot to pick up another roll...again.
...not talking from experience, not at all.
All you have to do when you're done using one is throw it in the wash!
Promising review: "I clean for a living, so using these on the job as well as my home makes life much easier, and I can feel better about not being so wasteful. I use them for drying my hands, cleaning the countertops, and as a reusable Swiffer pad for floors. What I do is mark each one with a Sharpie. My first initial for hands and face at home, 'C' for cleaning counters and 'F' for floor. What I love about these the most is they dry a lot quicker than regular towels and washing them is super easy. Dirt and grime tends to just rinse right out. Even on the mop pads. It's incredible. Now I don't have to waste money buying the Swiffer refills. These are different to use but it's worth figuring out what works for you!! A must buy for eco-friendly cleaning!" — Joyce
Get a roll of 20 sheets from Amazon for $12.99 (also available as two rolls).
17. Reusable microfiber pads designed to fit your Swiffer WetJet you can just throw in the wash when you're done wet or dry-moping your floor.
Promising review: "I love these reusable pads for my Swifter WetJet! I feel like they pick up so much more dirt and junk than the disposable pads! They seem to stay on the mop nicer as well. And I especially love the fact that that I can throw these into the washing machine following using, and I don’t have to run out and buy disposable pads constantly. Better for the environment and better for you!! Highly recommend!!" — Lynn E
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $16.99 .
18. A set of snack and sandwich bags that look so good, everyone will be asking where you got them from so they can get their own. You'll turn into the trendsetter you've always wanted to be. ????
Promising review: "I ordered these bags because I am trying to limit the amount of plastic zip-top bags I use when packing my lunch. These bags are lined with some kind of insulated material which is very easy to clean. The outside fabric is also very easy to clean. The zippers work well, too." — Anthony Sanchez
Get a set of three from Amazon for $16.99 .
19. An all-natural multi-surface cleaning powder you simply sprinkle all over your hard-to-clean surfaces (i.e. bathtub, oven, tile, etc.) and use a sponge to scrub away all the grossness.
Pur Home is a Black woman-owned company focused on environmentally-friendly cleaning and home products. This powder contains only plant-derived ingredients and is non-toxic and biodegradable.
Promising review: "I purchased this product because I wanted to support a Black and woman-owned small business and because I have been trying to be a more environmentally friendly home. I am glad I did. The multi-surface powder smells wonderful and did an amazing job cleaning out my shower. It also doesn't feel harsh to my sinuses while I clean. And it comes with an adorable little spoon to sprinkle out the powder. Happy that Pur-home is now a part of my regular cleaning routine!" —Ash
Get it from Pur Home for $9.99 .
20. A menstrual cup that will be the only product you'll use during your period every month. Say goodbye to monthly trips to the drug store to pick up tampons and pads!
Promising review: "I did a lot of research when it came to picking this cup out. I was sort of intimidated about the thought of putting a cup in my hooha, but hey it is better for the environment and no risk of TSS, so I was down to try it. I just have to say that this thing works wonders! I was worried that it would take me 2 or 3 cycles to figure this thing out, but after reading about all the tips and tricks it only to me two days to figure it out. Best method for me is the punch down method, and insert it at an angle, then let go of the cup when its ALMOST in, so there is no accidental "suction to the cervix" LOL ...then just wiggle it in and pinch the bottom of the cup and turn it 360 degrees to make sure its fully open." — Racheal Lane
Get a set of two from Amazon for $12.95+ (available in small, large, combo and in seven colors).
21. A set of collapsible containers you can use for leftovers both at home or at a restaurant so you can say no to styrofoam.
Promising review: "I absolutely love these. Since I ride my bicycle everywhere by choice, I can throw one of these bins in my backpack for my leftovers at restaurants, so that I don't impact the planet with more single-use plastic. I absolutely love them. They clean up easily. There are four different sizes and the lids clip-on and are very secure. These are great for home or travel." — janna carver
Get a set of four from Amazon for $24.99 .
22. Or a set of glass storage containers you'll feel so much better about microwaving food in. Plus, these may save you from the avalanche that is your Tupperware cabinet.
Promising review: "I bought these to be a little more eco-friendly. They are terrific. I have been using them for about 6 weeks now. The seal is great. They were a little tough to close at first but you get the knack. I slide my two hands from the center of the bowl to the ends and move the sides to seal then turn and do the other two ends. They clean very easily. I am hand washing the lids to preserve them. I really love these. Now I need to find a bigger size as well." — Elaine
Get an 18-piece set from Amazon for $27.99 .
23. A pack of compostable poop bags because your furry friend can also do their part to help the environment!
Promising review: "We've tried what feels like ALL the brands of compostable bags. These are the best. They're thick enough, don't rip easily, and they don't break down before you've even started using them. Add in a reasonable per-bag price, and they are a no-brainer if you want to avoid having your dog's poo sitting in plastic bag, preserved for the ages." — V. Bauch
Get them from Amazon for $16.95 (300 bags in the roll).
24. A popcorn popper you can just fill with kernels, ~pop~ in the microwave, and end up with delicious popcorn in minutes.
Having one of these has seriously changed my life. Buying microwave popcorn can get pretty expensive, and usually, there are only three bags in the box. Plus, there's a lot of extra packaging that gets thrown away. With one of these, I'm able to make as much or as little popcorn as I want, whenever I want. Plus, after tasting the fresh popcorn you may never want the boxed stuff again.
Promising review: "I love it and feel less guilty about eating popcorn since there is no oil! It's super easy and also eco-friendly!" — Pamela B
Get it from Amazon for $15.90 (available in 18 colors).
25. A reusable face pads set with a bag you'll ~bee~ really happy to use to remove your makeup every night and then throw the dirty pad into the bag. At the end of the week, just throw the bag into the wash, and they'll be ready to go for the next week.
Mummy Marvellous Makes / Etsy
Mummy Marvellous Makes is a woman-owned small business creating eco-friendly items from Thrapston, United Kingdom since 2017. The pads are made with 100% cotton.
Get it from Mummy Marvellous Makes on Etsy for $13.41+ (available in terry toweling or fleece and in 7-, 14-, or 21- pads).
26. A biodegradable bento box with four compartments to fit different kinds of food so you can pack a complete lunch *and* feel good about saving money at the same time.
Plus, it's microwave and dishwasher safe.
Promising review: "I love my Edo Box. It holds a substantial amount of food, safe to use in the microwave and just holds great value for me since I bring my lunch to work daily. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to contribute to the environment and use an excellent product!" — Lauren
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 .
27. A LastSwab that might seem a little steep for a single q-tip but it's the only one you'll ever have to buy again, as you can wash and reuse it whenever you like.
Promising review: "I love it! It’s great for the environment, and it’s very easy to use and clean. It doesn’t hurt at all, on the contrary — it’s soft. The variety of colors pleased me. I love them all!" —Anna L.
Get it from LastObject for $12 (available in six colors).
28. A compostable bin with a rotating handle so you can put all your food scraps in it and then just pick it up and carry it to the outdoor composter without dealing with whatever smell situation is inside.
Promising review: "This bin is small, fits neatly on the counter without taking up much space, and looks good! As other reviewers said, you can open it one-handed, which makes it so easy to use while cooking. It is very easy to clean as well. I got the .75 gal one. It is a little small for a family of 5, but I would rather save the space on the counter and take out the bag more often. However, if you have a big family or cook a lot, you may want to consider the larger bin." — RDB1
Get it from Amazon for $19.95 (available in two sizes and four colors).
29. A French press designed to make you feel so fancy and down-right Parisian as you make coffee sans paper filter.
Promising review: "This French Press coffee maker is great. I was very surprised at how easy it is to make a great cup of coffee. The 12 oz size is perfect for my one cup a day, and there is no need for paper filters. This French Press is very easy to clean and seems to be very durable." — Dottie M
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 12- and 34-ounces).
30. A biodegradable sponge that works just as hard as the sponge you currently use to give your dishes the deep clean they deserve.
Promising review: "These sponges last considerably longer than the average go-to sponge. The scouring pad is great, and holds up really well, even on cast iron. The product doesn't seem to get bogged down with grime nearly as much as in-store sponges. They rinse out well and last a long time. The sustainable materials are an absolute bonus, and I will absolutely be sticking with this product." — Courtney
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $7.99 .
31. A pack of dryer balls , because you've been frustrated with your lackluster dryer that really doesn't actually dry your clothes for too long. Stop yelling "You have ONE job" at it and add these to your loads to dry everything in half of the time and never use dryer sheets again.
Promising review: "These little gems are excellent! I wish I'd bought them sooner. They literally cut the drying time of my laundry in half. I use them with absolutely every dryer load and finish my laundry in record time. For me, this is a time and money-saving, must-have laundry helper. BOTTOM LINE: Buy it." — C. Hawkins
Get a pack of five from Amazon for $16.95 .
32. A set of cotton produce bags to take to the grocery store so you can keep your produce fresh and stop using all those plastic bags.
This set includes five small, five medium, and five large bags that are washable.
Promising review: "I bought these in an effort to reduce my disposable plastic usage. They are awesome! The cashier could scan my items right through the bag. I keep them in my car with my cloth grocery bags so they are easy to grab for shopping." — Lori S
Get a set of fifteen from Amazon for $9.99 (available in five size variations).
33. A double edge razor made out of bamboo that not only looks better in your bathroom than a disposable plastic one, but actually does a better job of giving you a closer, smoother shave.
Promising review: "This razor is beautiful and very easy to use. The weight is perfect and the high polished stainless just glides over the skin like an Olympic skier. I just switched from disposables and have been blown away by the performance. Zero razor burn and a closer shave than I've ever had with a disposable!" — Donald
Get it from Amazon for $17.99 . And get refill blades from Amazon for $6.99 .
When someone says they don't recycle:
Tap to play or pause GIF
Tap to play or pause GIF